Saturday, September 15, 2012

Peanut Butter Bacon Blondies


I’ve always wanted to try bacon in baking but I was always a little scared. Then I thought, well, I get maple syrup on my bacon when I have it with pancakes, so I already know I liked the sweet with the salty. Let me tell you, it was honestly one of the best desserts I’ve ever had. The sweet bacon is a great contrast and tastes fantastic. I promise this recipe won’t disappoint.




Ingredients:
1 cup butter (2 sticks), melted
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsps vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
2 cups all purpose flower
6 slices of bacon, fried and crumbled
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, mix together the melted butter and the brown sugar until the mixture is smooth. Add in the eggs and vanilla.
In another bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and the mix it into the sugar/butter bowl. Add in the bacon.
Spread the batter into a 9×13 pan and bake for about 30-35 minutes or until the knife comes out clean when stuck into the center.
While that’s baking, you can make the peanut butter icing. Here is the recipe for that:
Peanut Butter Icing
1 stick butter, softened
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 – 2 cups powdered sugar (start with 1 cup and taste it, if it’s not sweet enough add more)
1 tsp vanilla
2 – 3 tbsps milk
6 slices of bacon, fried and crumbled
Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and peanut butter. Add the sugar in gradually. Add in the vanilla. Add the milk 1 tablespoon at a time until the icing is the consistency that you want.
When the blondies are completely cooled, top them with the icing and then the crumbled bacon. Then, cut into bars and enjoy!
Recipe from: How Sweet It Is

0 comments:

Post a Comment